About this product
- DescriptionShould appeal to all rugged individualists who dream of escape to the forest. The New York Times Book Review Sam Gribley is terribly unhappy living in New York City with his family, so he runs away to the Catskill Mountains to live in the woods all by himself. With only a penknife, a ball of cord, forty dollars, and some flint and steel, he intends to survive on his own. Sam learns about courage, danger, and independence during his year in the wilderness, a year that changes his life forever. An extraordinary book . . . It will be read year after year. The Horn Book
- Author BiographyJean Craighead George was the preeminent nature writer for children. She is the author ofMy Side of the MountainandJulie of the Wolves, and her work spanned 50 years. She died in May 2012 at age 93.
- Author(s)Jean Craighead George
- PublisherDutton Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication01/09/1999
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDutton Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width143 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.