All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you do when your wife abducts your children? This was the question facing Douglas Galbraith when, in 2003, he returned home to Scotland from a few days' work in London. The house was silent, empty and locked; his four and six-year-old sons' pyjamas lay on the bedroom floor. And on the doormat, confirmation from the Post Office of a forwarding address - in Japan. He has t seen them since. But My Son, My Son is infinitely more than a personal tale of sudden loss and one man's attempts to find his sons. Writing with astonishing range and insight, Galbraith tackles the deepest questions about who we are and how we treat each other. Here is an intensely provocative journey through complex and controversial territory: child murder, tsunami, international conventions, hatred, and cultures at war. My Son, My Son is a searing memoir and a call to arms which will provoke passionate debate. It has a haunting eloquence and, against the odds, a grim sense of humour. It goes to the very heart of relations between parents and children, men and women, and between races - to the heart of what it is to be alive.
- Author BiographyDouglas Galbraith was born in Glasgow in 1965 and is the author of three novels, The Rising Sun, A Winter in China, and King Henry. He lives in Scotland.
- Author(s)Douglas Galbraith
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvill Secker
- Out-of-print date11/10/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight468 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.