All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in Poland in March 1944, Jolanta Soysal spent the next four decades under the harsh oppression of the Soviet Union. Despite overwhelming hardships, she received an education, became a wife and mother, and by the late 1980s, as the owner of a large chicken farm for ten years, became a highly successful businessperson. Earlier in 1981 and without warning, martial law was initiated throughout Poland, and by 1987 conditions had worsened. Fearful of ather invasion and complete takeover by the Soviet Union, Jolanta traveled to the United States, determined to establish roots so that she could soon bring her family to America. Arriving in New York on a 90-day travel visa, she had only 40 dollars, spoke only a handful of English words, and had job. Over the next ten years she became a licensed cosmetologist and real estate agent, the personal assistant to one of the wealthiest business tycoons in America, and in 1993 a United States citizen. My Song is the story of a mother's courageous sacrifice and determination, her heartwarming memoirs, and a reliving of the bygone years of the Cold War era.
- Author BiographyTom Bleecker began his writing career in 1969 as a screenwriter for director Blake Edwards. After nearly two decades writing for screen and television, in 1987 Bleecker co-authored his first book with Linda Lee, The Bruce Lee Story, which served as the source material for MCA Universal's motion picture Dragon. In 1996, Bleecker wrote a second book on Lee, a highly controversial bestseller entitled Unsettled Matters. After penning nearly 50 biographies, in 2012 Bleecker wrote his first novel Tea Money that was followed by Big Band Star Maker (the life story of Big Band leader Horace Heidt). His last book, The Jet: The Benny Urquidez Story, was published in 2014.
- Author(s)Jolanta Soysal
- PublisherGilderoy Publications
- Date of Publication03/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGilderoy Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.