All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn My Sporting Heroes , one of the country's great sportsmen, Sir Ian Botham, draws up his template of what he believes makes a true sporting hero. Botham singles out the ten qualities he believes are the basic elements in any true sportsperson - bravery, passion, composure, determination, skill, leadership, instinct, dedication, humour and compassion - then highlights the sportsmen and women who he believes best demonstrate each quality, backing up his selection with personal anecdotes of his time spent with them or watching them in action. Covering a wide variety of sports and discussing admired athletes of both the past and present, from Ian Woosnam, Paul Gascoigne and Jonathan Davies to Joe Calzaghe, Lewis Hamilton and Andy Murray, My Sporting Heroes is a lively celebration of exactly what makes a true sporting legend - from someone who kws a thing or two about it.
- Author BiographySir Ian Botham OBE is a former England Test cricketer and Test team captain whose playing career lasted from 1976 to 1993, and he still holds the record for the highest number of wickets taken by any England bowler. Widely known by the nicknames 'Beefy' and 'Guy the Gorilla', Botham was knighted in 2007 and has authored two autobiographies, most recently Head On. He is now a writer and cricket commentator and is regularly involved in charity work.
- Author(s)Ian Botham
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication07/10/2010
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Out-of-print date29/11/2016
- Content Note1 x 8pp b/w
- Weight244 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.