My Story, My Dance: Robert Battle's Journey to Alvin Ailey by Lesa Cline-Ransome (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.99+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA boy discovers his passion for dance and becomes a modern hero in this inspiring picture book biography of Robert Battle, artistic director of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. When Robert Battle was a boy wearing leg braces, he never dreamed he d study at Juilliard. Though most dancers begin training at an early age, it wasn t until Robert was a teenager that his appreciation for movement first from martial arts, then for ballet became his passion. But support from his family and teachers paired with his desire and determination made it possible for Robert to excel. After years of hard work, the young man who was so inspired by a performance of Alvin Ailey s Revelations became the artistic director of the very company that motivated him. Today, under Robert s leadership, Alvin Ailey continues to represent the African American spirit through dance. Featuring illustrations brimming with vibrant color and swirling motion, this biographical picture book from husband-and-wife team James Ransome and Lisa Cline-Ransome includes a foreword from Robert Battle himself as well as a bibliography, suggested further reading, and an author s te. Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater was founded in 1958 by choreographer Alvin Ailey. He envisioned a company dedicated to enriching the American modern dance heritage and preserving the uniqueness of the African-American cultural experience. When Mr. Ailey began creating dances, he drew upon his blood memories of his home state of Texas, the blues, spirituals, and gospel inspiration, which resulted in the creation of his most popular and critically acclaimed work, Revelations. Since its founding, the company has performed in seventy-one countries on six continents. It s repertory includes works by Mr. Ailey and ninety other choreographers, and new works are commissioned each year. Judith Jamison succeeded Mr. Ailey as artistic director, and in 2011, she selected Robert Battle to be her successor. Learn more at AlvinAiley.org.
- Author(s)Lesa Cline-Ransome
- PublisherSimon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width236 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)James E Ransome
- Foreword byRobert Battle
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.59Trending at AU $44.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.