All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGood Morning America viewers have come to kw and love Lucimarian Roberts, the 88-year-old mother of coanchor Robin Roberts. On the day after Hurricane Katrina blew through the Gulf Coast, they watched Robin, standing amid the remnants of her hometown, recount the desperate search for her mother and her return to safety. Robin was t surprised to learn that even as the winds howled and floodwaters rose, Lucimarian sang hymns. Today, Lucimarian Roberts can recite lyrics to hundreds of hymns and spirituals. She credits hymns for helping her, a black woman born in 1924, live faithfully through the turbulent times of the Great Depression, segregation, and racial prejudice even as the wife of a U.S. Air Force officer. This memoir shares pivotal moments in Lucimarian Roberts intriguing life, revealing how God has sustained her with strength and hope. Daughter Robin reflects at the close of each chapter, with her own voice, on her remarkable mother s character and influence. Special features include 5 musical tracks, all played and sung by Lucimarian Roberts. Within these tracks is the hymn When We All Get to Heaven, performed by three of the Roberts women: Dorothy, Robin, and Lucimarian. PDF material includes photos throughout the years of the Roberts family.
- Author BiographyLucimarian Tolliver Roberts may be best known as the mother of broadcast journalist, Robin Roberts. However, the 87-year-old has achieved success in her own right, serving as the Director of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and as a board member for numerous organizations. Lucimarian Roberts was born and raised in Akron, Ohio, where she earned a scholarship from the publishers of the Akron Beacon Journal and became the first person in her family to attend college. She graduated in 1946 from Howard University in Washington, DC, and married Lawrence Roberts, a member of the legendary Tuskegee Airmen, with whom she raised 4 children. Lucimarian Roberts lived through the Great Depression, segregation, the civil rights movement, and many personal challenges. These experiences helped shape her unique perspective on life.
- Author(s)Lucimarian Roberts,Missy Buchanan,Robin Roberts
- PublisherOasis Audio
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOasis Audio
- Weight113 g
- Width165 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Narrator(s)Robin Miles,Robin Roberts
- Contained items statement3 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time219
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.16New
- AU $18.16New
- AU $31.48New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.23Trending at AU $49.10
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.18
- AU $27.36Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $27.76Trending at AU $50.64
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $41.06
- AU $17.69Trending at AU $22.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.