All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $102.86
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.06
- AU $14.37Trending at AU $15.54
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.48
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.33
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.77
- AU $28.41Trending at AU $30.53
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1967, the Summer of Love. With the war in Vietnam raging and the draft hanging over their heads, three Milwaukee high school graduates set off on very different paths to seek their own destinies and discover that people, places, and things are neither what they expected, r what they appear to be. Bob Ralston journeys to San Francisco-the epicenter of the hippie movement. John Haus enlists in the army and ends up in Vietnam. Jim Gaston beats the draft and seeks an alternative lifestyle. Each must live with their choices and survive in one of America's most tumultuous times. Those who experienced the 1960s will relive them as the author's words capture the awakening of millions of America's youth to a world of free love, drugs, and rock and roll like it's never been played before or since. Readers too young or too old to have lived through the Summer of Love will experience Haight-Ashbury through the eyes of someone who was there. My Summer on Haight Street is a remarkably insightful chronicle of three Baby Boomers in the turbulent 1960s that defined a generation and a nation. This fast-paced vel is based on several real people and some real events. Robert Rice, Jr., has crafted a compelling story that captures the aspirations and fears of young men who elected t to go to college immediately out of high school in 1966 and 1967 and faced the prospect of being drafted and sent to Vietnam.
- Author BiographyRobert Rice, Jr. was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the only boy in a family of five children. He attended Riverside High School and served in the US Air Force from 1966-1970. He drove from Milwaukee to San Francisco in a VW Bug in the summer of 1967, where he experienced the Summer of Love on his way to a new duty assignment. He began writing as a college student in Hawaii and captained a forty-four foot sailboat that sailed halfway around the globe. In addition to My Summer on Haight Street, he has authored two screenplays, a dozen short stories, and several published magazine articles. He also wrote and produced two television sports documentaries. He has been a public affairs/public relations and political campaign consultant for more than twenty-seven years. He lives in Santa Barbara, California, with his wife and twin daughters. His son lives in northern California.
- Author(s)Robert Rice Jr
- PublisherFox Point Publishing
- Date of Publication25/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFox Point Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.