All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApproaching his fiftieth birthday, the narrator is wandering in an unfamiliar Brazilian city, in search of a park. A walker by inclination and habit, he decides to explore the city after attending a literary conference-he was invited to following the publication of his most recent vel, although, as he is informed via anymous e-mail, has t been receiving good reviews. Initially thwarted by his inability to transpose the 2D information of the map onto the impassable roads and dead-ends of the city, once in the park he begins to see his own thoughts mirrored.
- Author BiographySergio Chejfec, originally from Argentina, has published numerous works of fiction, poetry, and essays. Among his grants and prizes, he has received fellowships from the Civitella Ranieri Foundation in 2007 and the John Simon Guggenheim Foundation in 2000. He teaches at NYU. Margaret Carson translates contemporary poetry, fiction, and drama from Latin America. She also teaches in the Modern Languages Department at Borough of Manhattan Community College.
- Author(s)Sergio Chejfec
- PublisherOpen Letter
- Date of Publication16/08/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRochester, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Letter
- Weight171 g
- Width3564 mm
- Height5499 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Translated byMargaret Carson
- Introduction byEnrique Vila-Matas
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.