Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionExperience trumps assumption. I have experienced the dark underside of how many Portuguese behave and treat their fellow human beings as opposed to what their smiling, double-kiss greeting portrays. What kind of behavior shows the world at large that you are the practicing, God-fearing Catholic you so very vociferously profess to be? Does having statues of the Virgin Mary, Holy Water, and several rosaries around your house make you a Catholic? What gives anyone the right to discriminate against, humiliate, and be downright cruel to someone just because they are t of Portuguese descent? Why immigrate to South Africa to make a much better life for you and your children and then be vehemently opposed to your sons marrying the women of this country while refusing to learn to speak English, or at least one of the eleven official languages? If you have lived in this country, made good money in this country, received excellent medical attention in this country for nearly fifty years, should you t consider yourself a South African of Portuguese descent? Does sharing DNA make you a father, mother, sister, brother, or grandparent? This is my memoir. A memoir, a biography or historical experience. This memoir is based on my personal kwledge, experiences, and feelings. Every incident in this memoir is based on actual behavior and events. Some of the incidents are embellished for comic effect.
- Author(s)Pippa Sloane
- Date of Publication22/01/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.