All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 250 beautiful color photos, anecdotal text, and historical perspective make this a lively read. Enjoy the majesty of Virginia's beautiful rivers, from the famous James and Appomattox to the aptly named Cowpasture and Blackwater. Explore hundreds of scenic locations from the storied Shenandoah Valley to Hampton Roads and the Chesapeake Bay. Voyage along the mighty Potomac and rest beside the serene Blackwater Swamp, and more. Twenty-eight rivers are discussed, giving useful details about these historic waterways and their recreation potential. Interesting ports of call along these rivers are included for your travel convenience. Most of these waterways large and small are part of the Chesapeake Bay watershed, the nation's largest estuary, sprawling across two hundred miles. Whether you wish to travel these waterways yourself or choose to enjoy them from the comfort of your own home, this book will be a welcome addition to your library.
- Author BiographyWill Daniel has spent four years traveling around Virginia, capturing the beauty of the state's rivers. He is the author of James River Reflections, also published by Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
- Author(s)Will Daniel
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationAtglen, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note242 color & 12 b/w photos & 5 maps
- Weight1035 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.