All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn My Voice Is My Weapon, David A. McDonald rethinks the conventional history of the Palestinian crisis through an ethgraphic analysis of music and musicians, protest songs, and popular culture. Charting a historical narrative that stretches from the late-Ottoman period through the end of the second Palestinian intifada, McDonald examines the shifting politics of music in its capacity to both reflect and shape fundamental aspects of national identity. Drawing case studies from Palestinian communities in Israel, in exile, and under occupation, McDonald grapples with the theoretical and methodological challenges of tracing resistance in the popular imagination, attempting to reveal the nuanced ways in which Palestinians have confronted and opposed the traumas of foreign occupation. The first of its kind, this book offers an in-depth ethmusicological analysis of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, contributing a performative perspective to the larger scholarly conversation about one of the world's most contested humanitarian issues.
- Author BiographyDavid A. McDonald is Assistant Professor of Folklore and Ethnomusicology at Indiana University, Bloomington.
- Author(s)David A. McDonald
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication06/11/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note20 illustrations, 9 figures
- Weight604 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.