All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionLisa Lynn Gael has written the story of her mother whose life was forever changed by the onset of Dementia. At first, the family cared for Mom in her home, but soon the doctor wrote a prescription to place her in an elder care facility which housed an assisted living section and a nursing home. Lisa knew little of this disease or how it would affect her mother's life - and her own. The only thing she knew was that she could t let her mom go through it alone. Lisa chose to walk with her mother and kept a journal to help process the strong emotions that would be evoked. She wrote about the wonderful and the difficult times that she shared with her mom. Now, Lisa offers these stories in the hope that others will experience the joys and heartfelt moments that are so precious in life even when someone you love is living in a nursing home. Reading this book may also help you to kw that you are t alone. Many of us will find our footsteps traversing a similar path. May you and your loved one walk together for as long as time allows.
- Author BiographyI never envisioned writing a book. It just happened. This book contains many of my visits with my mother when she was placed in an elder care facility where she lived for nearly four years. I wrote a journal entry about each visit to help me process difficult emotions and shared my writing with my siblings who were too far away to visit. They encouraged me to put my words, which had become a source of comfort and understanding, into a book. I hope that reading this book will help you to know that you are not alone. Many of us will find our footsteps traversing a similar path. May you and your loved one walk together for as long as time allows.
- Author(s)Lisa Lynn Gael
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.