All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern manhood is confusing and complicated, but Joey Franklin, a thirtysomething father of three, is determined to make the best of it. In My Wife Wants You to Kw I'm Happily Married, he offers frank, self-deprecating meditations on everything from male-pattern baldness and the balm of blues harmonica to Grand Theft Auto and the staying power of first kisses. He riffs on cockroaches, hockey, romance vels, Boy Scout hikes, and the challenge of parenting a child through high-stakes Texas T-ball. With honesty and wit, Franklin explores what it takes to raise three boys, succeed in a relationship, and survive as a modern man. My Wife Wants You to Kw I'm Happily Married is an uplifting rumination on learning from the past and living for the present, a hopeful take on being a man without being a menace to society.
- Author BiographyJoey Franklin is an assistant professor of English at Brigham Young University, USA. His writing has appeared in the Writer's Chronicle, Poets and Writers magazine, the Norton Reader, and Gettysburg Review. His piece Working at Wendy's won the 2006 Twentysomething Essays by Twentysomething Writers contest.
- Author(s)Joey Franklin
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Series TitleAmerican Lives
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.