All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBook + 2 Hours of Free Video + Content Update Program My Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 10 is an easy, full-color tutorial on the latest operating system from Microsoft. It includes 2 hours of FREE step-by-step video tutorials to help you learn how to navigate and customize the new Windows 10 desktop. In addition, this book is part of Que's exciting new Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Windows 10, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. The updates will be delivered to you via a FREE Web Edition of this book, which can be accessed with any Internet connection. To learn more, visit www.quepublishing.com/CUP. How to access the free video and web edition: Follow the instructions within the book to learn how to register your book to access the 2 hours of FREE step-by-step video and the FREE Web Edition. Author Katherine Murray has been writing about techlogy for more than 25 years and has worked with every consumer version of Windows since Windows 3.1. Murray will help you learn how to: *Master Windows 10 invations you like and keep the older techniques you're comfortable with*Let Cortana, your new personal digital assistant, help you find what you need*Adjust the Start menu so it works the way you want (t the other way around!)*Learn to use Windows 10 on PC or tablet*Streamline your browsing experience with Microsoft(R) Edge, the new state-of-the-art web browser*Find, download, install, and work with the best new Windows Store apps*Copy, move, and share files using File Explorer*Use the Skype app to make super-easy, free video calls*Access all your favorite media with the new Groove Music and Movies & TV apps
- Author BiographyAfter writing about technology for 30 years, Katherine Murray believes there's never been a better time to be a tech enthusiast. She has seen personal computing change from big, slow, cryptic desktop-hogging machines to small, sleek smart devices we can tap our way through easily. She has worked with every version of Microsoft Windows there's been, loving some versions (such as Windows 7) and loathing others (remember Windows Vista or worse, Windows ME?). She was part of the thumbs-up crowd when it came to Windows 8.1 but watched as Microsoft's vision tanked because users weren't quite ready for such a huge change in the way we work with our computers. Now in Windows 10, she believes Microsoft has done a better job building in the supports users need and providing a highly customizable working environment designed to let us work in the way that suits us best. She started writing about technology 30 years ago and still enjoys it, specializing in Microsoft technologies and the fascinating ways in which we stay in touch with each other. In addition to writing books, she writes regularly for Windows Secrets magazine.
- Author(s)Katherine Murray
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width171 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.