All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionMySQL is the most popular open-source database and is also kwn for its easy set up feature. However, proper configuration beyond the default settings remains a challenge, along with day-to-day maintenance tasks such as indexing and replication. These tasks have t been covered thoroughly in the default documentation. This MySQL Admin Cookbook LITE covers two key aspects of MySQL administration in detail; replication, which will allow you to organize your database more efficiently, and indexing, which enables you to access information even in the deepest, darkest depths of your largest databases. All of the recipes are based on real-world experience which were derived from proven solutions used in an enterprise environment. To find out more about upgrading to the full edition, visit www.packtpub.com/lite-editions and log into your account for offers and help. If you don't have an account on PacktPub.com, visit today and set one up!
- Author BiographyDaniel Schneller works as a software developer, database administrator, and general IT professional for an independent software vendor in the retail sector. After successfully graduating from the University of Cooperative Education in Heidenheim, Germany with a degree in Business Computer Science, he started his career as a professional software developer, focused on the Microsoft technology stack. In 2002 he started focusing on enterprise-level Java development and has since gained extensive knowledge and experience implementing large scale systems based on Java EE and relational databases, especially MySQL since version 4.0. Currently he is mostly involved with the ongoing development of framework-level functionality, including customization and extension of an ORM-based persistence layer. He is involved in different open source projects such as FindBugs, Eclipse, and Checkstyle and infrequently blogs about Java, MySQL, Windows, Linux and other insanities at http://www.danielschneller.com. Udo Schwedt is head of the Java architecture team and deputy head of the Java development department at the IT service provider for Germany's market leader in the Do-It-Yourself sector. After finishing his studies at RWTH Aachen, Germany with a degree in Computer Science, he started his career as a professional Java developer in a leading software company in the banking sector. In 2003, he joined his current company as a framework developer, subsequently taking the role of a lead architect. Both authors are involved in a large scale international software project, which encompasses development of a Java-based merchandise management software solution. This decentralized multi-platform environment is based on more than 500 decentralized MySQL server instances with more than 5,500 replication slaves. Daniel and Udo are responsible for configuration and management of this infrastructure.
- Author(s)Daniel Schneller,Udo Schwedt
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.