All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handy pocket reference gives you instant reminders on how to use important MySQL functions, especially in conjunction with key parts of the LAMP open source infrastructure. MySQL is so rich in features that administrator or programmer can stay familiar with all of them. MySQL Pocket Reference is an ideal on-the-job companion, well organized to help you find and adapt the statements you need - quickly. To help you be more efficient in your work, this handy pocket reference gives you instant reminders on how to use important MySQL functions, especially in conjunction with key parts of the LAMP open source infrastructure. This powerful database system is so rich in features that administrator or programmer can stay familiar with all of them. MySQL Pocket Reference is an ideal on-the-job companion, well organized to help you find and adapt the statements you need - quickly. Updated for the latest versions of this popular database, this edition covers many complex features that have been added to MySQL 5.0 and 5.1, including a section dedicated to stored procedures and triggers. After a brief introduction on installation and initial setup, the book explains: how to configure MySQL, such as setting the root password; MySQL data types, including numerics, strings, dates, and complex types; SQL syntax, commands, data types, operators, and functions; arithmetic, comparison and logical operators; aggregate and general functions; stored procedures and triggers, including procedure definition, procedure calls, procedure management, cursors, and triggers.You don't have time to stop and thumb through an exhaustive reference when you're hard at work. This portable and affordable guide is small eugh to fit into your pocket, and gives you a convenient reference that you can consult anywhere. When you reach a sticking point and need to get to a solution quickly, the MySQL Pocket Reference is the book you want to have.
- Author BiographyGeorge Reese is the founder and President of Valtira LLC in Minneapolis, MN and author of technology books such as the MySQL Pocket Reference, Database Programming with JDBC and Java, and Java Database Best Practices.Throughout the Internet era, he has spent his career applying enterprise and web technologies to the marketing domain. He is the creator of the Simplicis Marketing Dashboard, the core product from Valtira.George holds a BA in Philosophy from Bates College in Lewiston, Maine and an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management in Evanston, Illinois. He currently lives in Minnesota with his wife and two daughters.
- Author(s)George Reese
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication31/07/2007
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width110 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.