MySpace for Musicians: The Comprehensive Guide to Marketing Your Music by Fran Vincent (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $60.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhile other social media tools boast different strengths and offerings, MySpace retains its primacy for music lovers and artists everywhere. Artists may have a Facebook fan page or Twitter account, but without a MySpace page, they're missing the boat. Journalists and music reviewers, music industry execs, and fans alike count MySpace as the first stop in discovering new artists and keeping up to date on their favorites. It's still the only social network that was really founded around music and nightlife events, and it continues to be the mainstay of social music marketing and promotions. MySpace has something the others do t: the ears of music lovers. MySpace for Musicians, Second Edition is for every band, soloist, side musician, record label, publisher, music manager, and entertainment-affiliated company who wants to use MySpace to its fullest potential. It teaches musicians how to design a MySpace page optimized for music promotion and distribution and how to best use MySpace to effectively market music. It includes expert advice on how to promote oneself to the MySpace community and beyond, and how to build a relationship with fans in the real world. The new edition has been completely updated to cover recent changes to the site and includes new chapters on applications, videos, widgets, advertising, and much more. The book caters to both musicians who are unfamiliar with the network and musicians who already have a MySpace page but want to learn how to make better use of it. This is the most comprehensive book on how musicians can maximize the most popular and successful band promotion site!
- Author BiographyFran Vincent is the founder and president of Retro Island Productions, Inc., a social media, Web PR, and music-industry consulting firm. Before starting her own company, she spent six years as the marketing and public relations specialist for Warner Bros. Publications, a division of Warner Music Group. Fran has previously worked at some of America's most prestigious companies, including AOL Time Warner, General Motors, Campbell-Ewald Advertising (Chevrolet's agency of record for almost 100 years), and Independent Newspapers. She has authored articles for Electronic Musician and InTune magazines and holds a master's degree in music business (a hybrid music and business degree) from the University of Miami and a bachelor's degree in journalism from Oakland University. Fran is also an accomplished musician, performer, and college instructor, and has taught music licensing, marketing, public relations, and management courses at the University of Miami. She now resides in the Detroit area and continues to work with music, marketing, and social media clients around the world.
- Author(s)Fran Vincent
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication21/03/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notefigures
- Weight771 g
- Width185 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.