All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMykos holds tight to its past even as it transforms from an obscure, impoverished Aegean island into a tourist mecca and summertime playground for the world s rich, a process making the Mykonian people some of the wealthiest in Greece. Yes, the old guard is still a force to be reckoned with despite the new money. One of them, a legendary nightclub owner, has been found savagely bludgeoned in his home. All evidence points to obvious thugs. Yet the murder has put long hidden, politically explosive secrets in play and drawn a dangerous foreign investor to the island paradise. Andreas Kaldis, feared head of Greece s special crimes division, is certain there s a far more complex solution to the murder than robbery, and he vows to find it. His quest for answers cuts straight into the entrenched cultural contradictions that give Mykos so much of its magic and soon has him battling ruthless opportunists preying on his country s weakened financial condition. Kaldis learns there is a high, unexpected price to pay for his curiosity as he becomes locked in a war with a powerful, clandestine international force willing to do whatever it takes to change and wrest control of Mykos, matter the collateral damage. Such is global crime. And the need for a wily hero to stand against it.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Siger was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, practiced law at a major Wall Street law firm, and later established his own New York City law firm where he continued as one of its name partners until giving it all up to write full-time among the people, life, and politics of his beloved Mykonos. Mykonos After Midnight is the fifth novel in his Chief Inspector Andreas Kaldis series, following up on his internationally best-selling Murder in Mykonos, Assassins of Athens, Prey on Patmos: An Aegean Prophecy, and Target: Tinos.The New York Times described Jeffrey Siger's novels as thoughtful police procedurals set in picturesque but not untroubled Greek locales, the Greek Press called his work prophetic, Eurocrime described him as a very gifted American author...on a par with other American authors such as Joseph Wambaugh or Ed McBain, and the City of San Francisco awarded him its Certificate of Honor citing that his acclaimed books have not only explored modern Greek society and its ancient roots but have inspired political change in Greece. He now lives in Greece.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Siger
- PublisherPoisoned Pen Press
- Date of Publication03/09/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPoisoned Pen Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight408 g
- Width145 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.