All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionMyofibrillogenesis has been studied extensively over the last 100 years. Until recently, we have t had a comprehensive understanding of this fundamental process. The emergence of new techlogies in molecular and cellular biology, combined with classical embryology, have started to unravel some of the complexities of myofibril assembly in striated muscles. In striated muscles, the contractile proteins are arranged in a highly ordered three dimensional lattice kwn as the sarcomere. The assembly of a myofibril involves the precise ordering of several proteins into a linear array of sarcomeres. Multiple isoforms in many of these proteins further complicate the process, making it difficult to define the precise role of each component. This volume has been compiled as a comprehensive reference on myofibrillogenesis. In addition, the book includes reviews on myofibrillar disarray under various pathological conditions, such as familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC), and incorporates a section on the conduction system in the heart. Much of the information in this volume has t been described elsewhere. Presented in a manner to be of value to students and teachers alike, Myofibrillogenesis will be an invaluable reference source for all in the fields of muscle biology and heart development.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleCardiovascular Molecular Morphogenesis
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight574 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDipak K. Dube
- Foreword byR.R. Markwald
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.