All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMyotonic dystrophy is part of the group of muscular dystrophies. It is the commonest inherited muscular dystrophy and has a profound effect on individuals who are diagsed with the disease and their families. It is present for many decades of a patient's life but, unlike the other dystrophies, it also affects the organs in the body, making this a very distinctive disorder, and a very troubling one for those close to it. When the first edition of Myotonic Dystropy: The Facts published in 2002, it was widely appreciated by families, support groups, professionals and reviewers for its simple and clear approach to key practical questions. This new edition retains the same successful structure, but w includes new material on the recognition of the distinct 'type 2 myotonic dystrophy', which had only just been identified at the time of the first edition. Further explanation of the advances in basic understanding of myotonic dystrophy, and additional coverage of the new approaches to therapy and management of the condition are also included, as well as comprehensive discussion of the recent on-going worldwide research. New to this edition are 'Key Facts' at the beginning of each chapter, 'frequently asked question' boxes, and up-to-date contact details for worldwide myotonic dystrophy support groups.
- Author BiographyPeter Harper is a University Research Professor in Human Genetics at Cardiff University, Wales. He is a member of the UK's Advisory Committee on Genetic Testing, and has a long-standing research interest in inherited neurological disorders, especially Huntington disease and Myotonic dystrophy.
- Author(s)Peter S. Harper
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2009
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleThe Facts
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note2-colour line drawings and black and white halftones
- Weight130 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.