All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Myself Painting Clarence Major seeks to recreate for readers the inexpressible feeling that comes from creating art with poems that speak t of painting itself, but of its underlying process. Major incorporates the techniques of paintingparticularly that of Post-Expressionisminto his verse, describing scenery with an artist's eye and using form and color to evokes striking images.
- Author BiographyPrizewinning poet, painter, and novelist Clarence Major is the author of ten books of poetry, including Configurations: New and Selected Poems, 1958--1998, a National Book Award Bronze Medal finalist. He is also author of critically acclaimed nonfiction and fiction and is editor of several landmark anthologies. Winner of the National Council on the Arts Award and the New York Cultural Foundation Prize, both for poetry, he is professor emeritus at the University of California at Davis.
- Author(s)Clarence Major
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Weight295 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.