All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Myself Painting Clarence Major seeks to recreate for readers the inexpressible feeling that comes from creating art with poems that speak t of painting itself, but of its underlying process. Major incorporates the techniques of paintingparticularly that of Post-Expressionisminto his verse, describing scenery with an artist's eye and using form and color to evokes striking images.
- Author BiographyPrizewinning poet, painter, and novelist Clarence Major is the author of ten books of poetry, including Configurations: New and Selected Poems, 1958--1998, a National Book Award Bronze Medal finalist. He is also author of critically acclaimed nonfiction and fiction and is editor of several landmark anthologies. Winner of the National Council on the Arts Award and the New York Cultural Foundation Prize, both for poetry, he is professor emeritus at the University of California at Davis.
- Author(s)Clarence Major
- PublisherLSU Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLSU Press
- Weight181 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.