All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRife with legends, hauntings, unsolved crimes and unexplained events, Alberta has a dark underbelly: Somewhere in southwestern Alberta is a pot of gold kwn as the Lost Lemon Mine, if you can get past the curse; one has ever been able to find the location The world-famous Banff Springs Hotel is also the site of one of Alberta's most famous hauntings-the ghost of a bride walks the halls and dances in the ballroom Tales of strange crop circles found pressed into the thistle and barley on a farm near Edmonton in 1999 continue to baffle researchers The Atlas Coal Mine near Drumheller has its fair share of strange mysteries-why did a mine manager make sure one else could access the contents of the office safe, which remains locked to this day? When nature unleashed its fury on the small mountain community of Frank, the story of one special survivor made its way around the world-a baby girl rescuers named Frankie Slide-but is that the whole story? It was called the perfect murder-six men were found dead at their Grande Prairie-area ranches, but t a single shred of concrete evidence was ever uncovered to reveal their killer Jasper residents wondered what was going on at Patricia Lake, but they suspected it was a top-secret World War II project---bring your hiking bootsand your diving gear if you want to find out!
- Author BiographyBestselling author Lisa Wojna has written or co-written many other non-fiction titles. Her books are always meticulously researched and she has a flair for finding the human story. For Quagmire Press, she has penned Mysterious Alberta, Unsolved Murders in Canada and Missing! She has a journalistic background and has traveled all over Canada and the world. Writing and photography have been a central part of her life for as long as she can remember, but it is the people who make the story for her.
- Author(s)Lisa Wojna
- PublisherQuagmire Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationEdmonton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuagmire Press Ltd
- Weight260 g
- Width133 mm
- Height209 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.