All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- Description* Published on the 70th anniversary of LSD's discovery * A history of science, consciousness research and psychedelic studies. * LSD and the man who discovered it Albert Hofmann, voted one of the 20th century's greatest living geniuses by the Daily Telegraph in 2007, the century's best-kwn and most influential chemist, was the man who discovered LSD. Dieter Hagenbach and Lucius Werthmuller, who knew Hofmann, show how Hofmann's childhood fascination with nature influenced his work as a scientist, which led to his discovery of LSD in 1943 and its effects which he experienced when experimenting on himself, most famously on his legendary bicycle ride home. The book brings us Hofmann, the complex humanist within the wider social, scientific and political impact of LSD. The drug became the object of numerous clinical studies, paving the way for invative forms of therapy, at the same time fuelling the hippie movement in the 1960s. Society's relationship to drugs has never been more controversial and politically charged. Yet Albert Hofmann, believed, until he drew his last breath at the age of 102, that his discovery would one day benefit humanity.
- Author BiographyDieter Hagenbach was programme executive of the international symposium in Basel on the occasion of Albert Hofmann's 100th birthday. Lucius Werthmuller is a consciousness researcher and parapsychologist. He was project director of the international symposium held in Basel. As a child he met Albert Hofmann, a good friend of Werthmuller's parents, and remained close to him until the end of his life.
- Author(s)Dieter Hagenbach,Lucius Werthmuller
- PublisherSynergetic Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/05/2013
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationSanta Fe, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintSynergetic Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byStanislav Grof
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.