All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Johnston, an Irish-born Jesuit and a famous pioneer of East-West dialogue, tells his fascinating story of spiritual adventure. After his upbringing in a staunch Catholic family in Belfast and his rigorous formation in the Jesuits, Johnston faced a turning point with his assignment to Japan in 1951. There his exposure to Asian culture and Zen practice led to his rediscovery of the mystical traditions of Christianity, transforming his spiritual practice. His story is enlivened by encounters with such figures as Pedro Arrupe, the saintly Jesuit Superior General, Thomas Merton, novelist Shusaku Endo, Takashi Nagai, the mystic of Nagasaki, and the Dalai Lama.
- Author BiographyWilliam Johnston has lived for 50 years in Japan. As a Professor of Religious Studies and Director of the Institute of Oriental Religions at Sophia University, he has lectured worldwide on East-West mysticism. His many books include Christian Zen, The Inner Eye of Love, Mystical Theology and Arise My Love.
- Author(s)William Johnston
- PublisherOrbis Books (USA)
- Date of Publication29/12/2006
- SubjectAutobiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationMaryknoll
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOrbis Books (USA)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.