All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTen wonderful retellings of ancient myths and legends all about mythical heroes. These stories are taken from ancient Greek, Roman, Anglo-Saxon, Mayan, European, and Middle Eastern cultures. Some readers will be familiar with, such as the story of Theseus and the Mitaur. Others will be less familiar, such as the Persian story about a hero called Rostram. Myths and ancient civilisations are a core element of the curriculum at KS2 and inclusions in this series, Ten of the Best Myths, of stories from Mayan, Japanese, Indian, Roman, Persian and American cultures - an many others - will both fascinate and educate young readers.
- Author BiographyDavid West is a graphic designer, illustrator and author of children's information books. He has produced over 500 titles on subjects ranging from dinosaurs and mythology to technology and science. Some of his best known titles include Brain Surgery for Beginners, Fifty Three and a Half Things that Changed the World and Dinosaurs in My Street. David went to art school in Kingston-upon-Thames and Harrow, where he specialised in information graphics. He lives in south west London with his wife, two sons, a cat and a goldfish who's over 14 years old. When he's not illustrating, writing and designing he can be found fishing for salmon in Scottish rivers or painting portraits for fun.
- Author(s)David West
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleTen of the Best Myths
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight322 g
- Width236 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.