All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a collection of sixteen essays by scholars who participated in a Mythology Symposium at the State University of New York, College at Plattsburgh, in March 1991. The essays are presented under four subject titles: Ancient Myths in Modern Contexts (Ulysses, Don Quixote, Don Juan, Amazonian Indians), Myth and Society (French-Canadian Messianism, American Exceptionalism, German-Jewish Tolerance, and Socialism), Myth and the Human Condition (in works of Camus, Ionesco, and Beckett), and Myth, Science, and Techlogy (the Gaia-concept, artificial intelligence, post-nuclear Re-Creation, and the film Back to the Future, Part II).
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Juergen Kleist is the author of Das Dilemma der Kunst (1989) and the novella Nietzsche in Turin (1992). He holds a Ph.D. in German Literature from the University of California at San Diego. Currently he is an assistant professor of German at SUNY Plattsburgh. Bruce A. Butterfield is an associate professor of English at SUNY Plattsburgh, where he teaches courses in 20th-century fiction and pursues research and writing in contemporary Canadian literature.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/1992
- Series TitleThe Plattsburgh Studies in the Humanities
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Notefig.
- Weight480 g
- Edited byBruce A Butterfield,Bruce A. Butterfield,Juergen Kleist
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.