All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA lot has changed since the first edition of Myths and Realities, yet the trends in education are as undeniable as they were then: English language learners (ELLs) constitute the fastest growing population in U.S. schools and their teachers face an increasingly challenging educational context. For teachers and other educators, acquiring the understanding and skills to help ELLs succeed academically is more urgent than ever. That's why Katharine Davies Samway and Denise McKeon have returned to update the myths they challenged in the first edition of Myths and Realities, address new ones that have arisen since, and discuss how teachers of ELLs can ensure that their students will fare well in the era of No Child Left Behind. Written for any teacher or education professional, Myths and Realities, Second Edition, is an invaluable resource for clarifying persistent misunderstandings about what second language learners can do, what they need, and what methods work best for them. In an easy-to-read format Samway and McKeon state often-heard myths about ELLs and then address the reality. They follow up with support for the reality they describe, citing the most recent and most pertinent research, outlining implications for instruction, and illustrating it all with vignettes drawn from real classrooms. Myths and Realites, Second Edition, helps you replace misinformation about ELLs with crucial kwledge important to everyone working with second language learners, including information on:
- second language acquisition
- assessment, programming, and placement
- staffing and staff development
- involving parents and the community
- literacy development and teaching.
- Author(s)Denise McKeon,Katharine Davies Samway
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication20/03/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd annotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.