All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWomen whose mothers were t called upon to achieve in a man's world have a difficult time seeing themselves as powerful eugh to do that. Identifying with mighty women of the past and of the present culture can help them to permit themselves to achieve more than their mothers did. This book provides several such myths from ancient and modern cultures, from both Western and Eastern traditions, each of which is a standard for a particular aspect of female power and all of which can provide that power for women w. Among the aspects of women's power are Super Girl, Warrior Woman, Evil Temptress, Protective Mother and Provider.This book is useful for therapists to read themselves and/or to give to their patients when they suffer from fantasies of the bad mother who does t want to be surpassed or the weak mother who cant protect, or the therapist who wants to keep the woman patient in a weak and needy position. This book, in other words, is meant to empower patients by helping therapists to understand how and why the patients need the image of a strong, nurturant woman so that they themselves can become strong nurturing women.
- Author BiographyArlene Kramer Richards, EdD, is a member of the International Psychoanalytical Association and COWAP, a Fellow, training and supervising analyst, IPTAR, and a training analyst at the New York Freudian Society. She is a member of the Faculty of Tonji Medical College, and has published numerous articles and books on topics including gender related issues and women's psychology, loneliness, and on literature and films. Lucille Spira, LCSW, PhD, is a member of the New York School for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis (NYSPP), and has given presentations on loneliness and literary works at NYSPP, APsaA, and Div. 39. She is Co-Chair for the Loneliness Discussion Group, APsaA, and has published in various psychoanalytic journals. She has also co-edited with A.K. Richards and A.A. Lynch 'Encounters with Loneliness: Only the Lonely' (Best Anthology, Gradiva Award, 2014), and is currently in private practice in New York.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePsychoanalysis and Women Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight318 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byArlene Kramer Richards,Lucille Spira
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $13.55Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.