Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 12 Feb
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNASA is special among agencies of the United States government in that its mission - to explore space - is to be constantly probing into the unkwn. Astronauts and artists have this in common. Soon after the establishment of NASA in 1959, the NASA Art Program was created, in recognition that artists might be best equipped to interpret the experiences of astronauts and space exploration. In the program's early years, artists as diverse as Robert Rauschenberg, Andy Warhol, Norman Rockwell and Jamie Wyeth participated. Over time, the NASA Art Program has invited many of the world's most distinguished artists to create art inspired by space exploration, including Alexander Calder, Nam June Paik, William Wegman, Mike and Doug Starn, Vija Celmins and Annie Leibovitz.To celebrate the 50th anniversary of NASA in October 2008, the Smithsonian Institution Travelling Exhibition Service is organizing a two-year travelling exhibition of the best work created for the NASA Art Program. The accompanying book offers an expanded selection and stands as a lasting record of the impact of space exploration on the artistic imagination.
- Author BiographyMichael Collins was Command Module Pilot on Apollo 11, the first manned Moon-landing mission and the first director of the National Air and Space Museum, Washington, D.C. Bertram Ulrich is NASA's Curator and Multimedia Manager. He is co-author of NASA & the Exploration of Space and Flight: A Celebration of 100 Years of Art and Literature. Tom Crouch is Senior Curator of Aeronautics at the National Air and Space Museum, Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Bertram Ulrich,James Dean
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Note150 colour images
- Weight1340 g
- Width254 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Introduction byTom D. Crouch
- Foreword byMichael Collins
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.