All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
About this product
- DescriptionAll eight of the NATEF Job Sheets manuals have been thoughtfully designed to assist users gain valuable job preparedness skills and master specific diagstic and repair procedures required for success as a professional automotive technician. Ideal for use either as a stand-alone item or with any comprehensive or topic-specific automotive text, the entire series is aligned with the 2013 NATEF tasks and consists of individual books for each of the following areas: Engine Repair, Automatic Transmissions/Transaxles, Manual Drive Trains and Axles, Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electricity/Electronics, Heating and Air Conditioning, and Engine Performance. Central to each manual are well-designed and easy-to-read job sheets, each of which contains specific performance-based objectives, lists of required tools and materials, safety precautions, plus step-by-step procedures to lead users to completion of shop activities. Also, each job sheet references all applicable NATEF Standards. As they work through each task, users are encouraged to conduct tests, record measurements, make observations, and employ critical-thinking skills in order to draw conclusions. Space is included for users to make tes concerning problems encountered while working, and for instructors to add comments and/or grades.
- Author BiographyKen Pickerill is a Certified Master Automotive Technician (with ASE Area L1 and X1) and an instructor at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale. Mr. Pickerill was a technician for 22 years before entering the training field, and he has more than 36 years of technical and teaching experience. He received his M.S. degree in career and technical education from Indiana State University. Jack Erjavec has become a fixture in the automotive textbook publishing world. He has decades of experience as a technician, educator, author, and editor, and has authored or co-authored more than 30 automotive textbooks and training manuals. Erjavec holds a master's degree in vocational and technical education from Ohio State University, and he spent twenty years at Columbus State Community College as an instructor and administrator. A long-time affiliate of the North American Council of Automotive Teachers, he also served as executive vice-president for the organization and spent several years on its board of directors. Erjavec is also associated with ATMC, SAE, ASA, ATRA, AERA, and other automotive professional associations.
- Author(s)Jack Erjavec,Ken Pickerill
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight567 g
- Width213 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.