All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Phoenix Suns' Steve Nash shines in running the break, but how do his teammates kw where to go to get open to receive his passes? Orlando's Dwight Howard is a tremendous talent in the post, but how has he improved and added new dimensions to his game? And how is it that Utah's Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer run the screen-and-roll as smoothly as Jazz legends John Stockton and Karl Malone did years before? Coaching. Yes, even in a league loaded with superior athletic talent, the teaching, tactical maneuvers, and strategies provided by NBA coaches are second to ne. And as younger, sometimes less mature and less experienced players from all over the world have entered the league, those coaching skills are more diverse and better honed than ever before. Now NBA Coaches Playbook takes you into the practice sessions and sideline huddles with detailed Xs and Os and more from the game's best at maximizing performance on the court. Let the likes of Phil Jackson, Mike D'Antoni, Avery Johnson, Stan Van Gundy, George Karl, Eddie Jordan, Mike Dunleavy, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and many other head and assistant coaches provide you with new insights to benefit your own team and individual players.
- Author BiographyGiorgio Gandolfi is editor in chief of FIBA Assist magazine, the primary magazine of the International Basketball Federation (FIBA). Gandolfi has served as a European consultant for the NBA Coaches Association and has been a member of the Italian Basketball Federation Coaches Association since 1974. Founded in 1976, the NBA Coaches Association membership reads like a who's who is coaching as every coach in the league is a member. Through the Celtics-Lakers rivalry in the 1980s, the 1992 Team USA Dream Team, and the unparalleled skill and marketing power of Michael Jordan through the 1990s, the National Basketball Association has become the world's most famous sports league over the past 25 years.
- Author(s)Giorgio Gandolfi,National Basketball Coaches Association
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note468 black & white illustrations, 135 black & white halftones
- Weight980 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Foreword byHubie Brown
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.