NHS Plc: The Privatisation of Our Health Care by Allyson M. Pollock (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow this has come about - to the point where even the shrinking core of free NHS hospital services is being handed over to private providers at the taxpayers' expense - is still t widely understood, hidden behind slogans like 'care in the community', 'diversity' and 'local ownership'. Allyson Pollock demystifies these terms, and in doing so presents a clear and powerful analysis of the transition from a comprehensive and universal service to New Labour's 'mixed ecomy of health care', in which hospitals with foundation status, loosely supervised by an independent regulator, will be run on largely market principles.
- Author BiographyAllyson Pollock is Professor of Health Policy and Chair of the Health Policy and Health Services Research Unit at University College London.
- Author(s)Allyson M. Pollock
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication03/08/2004
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.