All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLetter from JoyI discovered that I was 'gluten intolerant' a couple of years ago whilst I was writing 'Nosh Gluten-Free'. Friends had asked me to write a gluten-free book, but during the process, I realised that the stomach pains, which I had thought were due to medication I was taking, were significantly relieved when I cut out gluten from my diet. I was glad to find the cause of the problem, but knew that this would make life challenging! So I began my journey of gluten-free living with the book 'NOSH Gluten-Free' to help me and w I have added this latest book, 'NOSH Gluten-Free Baking'. I have to be frank and say that the 'Baking' book has been the hardest book I have ever written; I have never had to deal with so many failed attempts in all my years of cooking! For instance, bread depends on gluten for its elasticity and 'bounce'. I must have made about 50 different breads, all of which ended up in the bin, before coming up with the new ones in this book, and my quest still goes on to find more. During the process of writing this book, one of the highlights would definitely be the puff pastry recipe. When that pastry came out of the oven, with its distinct, crispy layers, I could have done a little jig in the kitchen, right there and then! When we find we are gluten intolerant, or 'coeliac', it can seem like a 'life sentence of treats'. We go into a cafe for coffee and cake and often find there is thing we can eat - all the 'yummy'-looking ones are full of gluten! My aim in this book has been to reverse the 'sentence'. I have tried to include recipes for the many things we might like to eat in the coffee shops, as well as the regular desserts and savoury pastries that seemed to be 'forbidden'. I hope that you enjoy cooking and eating many of these re-found treats.
- Author BiographyI studied Art and Design at Loughborough College of Art and Design. Among other things, I now use my creativity to write cookbooks. I have been married to Ron for over 30 years and we have two sons, Ben and Tim, who have left home and are starting families.When my sister and I were quite young, probably 5 and 6 years old, we started to cook, mainly cakes, biscuits and simple meals. By the time I was 12, we would cook Sunday lunch. I love this heritage and am passionate about good food. There is nothing I love more than having a house full of people to feed.I started out by writing out first student cookbook back in 2001. Since then we have written new editions including vegetarian versions, graduate versions and a family cookbook. We have just finished two new books: NOSH Gluten-Free Baking and NOSH for Students Volume 2 which is a follow on book to our best selling student cookbook. Both these books have been inspired by comments we get from people that use our books and so we are really excited to see how they work for people in the real world.
- Author(s)Joy May
- PublisherinTRADE(GB) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Series TitleNosh
- Place of PublicationLetchworth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintinTRADE(GB) Ltd
- Content NotePhoto with every recipe
- Weight464 g
- Width147 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.