All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionNPTI's Fundamentals of Fitness and Personal Training makes the principles and theories of fitness accessible for all readers. Written in a conversational tone with real-life examples, this text helps students understand how the body works and responds to exercise. This book combines technical detail with practical application in an engaging manner. Anatomical illustrations and photos provide further guidance on the science of personal training, complete with coverage of specific muscle systems and how to train them. Extensive information on essential nutrients, coupled with guidance on helping clients burn fat and build strength, helps future trainers take the sessions beyond simple workouts. Step-by-step coverage of exercise programme design takes the guesswork out of developing workouts and helps readers modify programmes for special populations and clients dealing with injuries. It helps you in understanding how the body works and responds to exercise.
- Author BiographyTim Henriques has been with the US National Personal Training Institute (NPTI) since its inception. Before working with NPTI he was a full-time personal trainer and continues to train clients and work with athletes outside as well as writing and lecturing on health and fitness.
- Author(s)Tim Henriques
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note114 black & white illustrations, 94 black & white halftones
- Weight1520 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.