NSCA's Essentials of Personal Training by Thomas R. Baechle, Roger W. Earle (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.85+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $39.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by literarypromoters
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.67Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.50Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionNSCA's Essentials of Personal Training is the ideal authoritative resource for personal trainers, health and fitness instructors, exercise scientists, and other fitness professionals, as well as the primary preparation source for the NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer[registered] examination. The book includes more than 250 photographs and contributions from leading personal training experts who provide the scientific principles, concepts, and theories of personal training as well as practical applications for health and fitness. Experts in anatomy, exercise physiology, and biomechanics and other exercise scientists work with respected personal trainers, physical therapists, and sport psychologists to provide in-depth coverage of the kwledge, skills, and abilities required of personal trainers. Special coverage is given to exercise technique, including teaching approaches involving free-weight and machine exercises, cardiovascular activities, flexibility, and speed training. A special feature of this text is the manner in which the program designs are offered for the typically healthy client as well as for those clients presenting unique challenges to the personal trainer. NSCA's Essentials of Personal Training supplies comprehensive information on proper stretching, resistance training, aerobic endurance training, and plyometrics techniques. Additionally, the text covers critical information about the business aspects of personal training, including facility and equipment maintenance and legal issues that many trainers face. The text's features includes more than 250 full-color photographs that clearly illustrate and accurately explain proper stretching, resistance training, aerobic endurance training, and plyometrics technique. Student study tools-including chapter objectives, key points, sidebars with practical applications, chapter questions, and a comprehensive glossary - that help readers prepare for the NSCA-CPT[registered] exam and targeted expert information that will give readers the expertise to deal with clients who have special exercise needs, such as pregnant women, older adults, athletes, and overweight clients. NSCA's Essentials of Personal Training is the most comprehensive reference available for personal trainers and other fitness professionals. As an exam preparation tool, it is unmatched in its scope and relevance to the NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer[registered] examination. It is an essential reference for anyone preparing for or already working in a career as a personal trainer.
- Author BiographyRoger W. Earle, MA, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, earned his master's degree from the University of Nebraska at Omaha in exercise science. He is the associate executive director for National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certification, where he is responsible for developing the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and the NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT) certification exams. Previously Earle served as the head strength and conditioning coach and a faculty member of the exercise science and athletic training department at Creighton University in Omaha. Earle has over 20 years of experience as a personal fitness trainer for people of all age and fitness levels, and he frequently gives lectures at national and international conferences about designing personalized exercise and training programs. He coauthored the first and second editions of Fitness Weight Training and coedited Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning. Thomas R. Baechle, EdD, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D, is chair of the exercise science and athletic training department at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. In his career covering more than 35 years as a fitness professional and academician, Baechle has earned numerous certifications and awards, taught at various universities, held a variety of professional and civic offices, and volunteered for many national and international associations and organizations related to fitness and personal health. Baechle is widely published and lectures frequently. His recent honors include receiving the Outstanding Writing Achievement Award from Human Kinetics in 2007, Merit for Excellence in Education and Development of Professional Standards from the International Fitness Institute in 2006, the Distinguished Faculty Service Award from Creighton University in 2002, and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the NSCA in 1998.
- Author(s)Roger W. Earle,Thomas R. Baechle
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/12/2003
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2004
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Out-of-print date15/02/2014
- Content Note242 colour illustrations, 97 colour illustrations
- Weight2449 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.