All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- Description'Luke Waters had more than 20 years on the job. What he saw, what he heard and what he did will make you sit up, stay up and keep reading - and that's only what he can tell you.' - Ed Conlon, Bestselling Author of Blue Blood. Finglas native Luke Waters had dreamed of following his grandfather and brother into An Garda Siochana, until, as for so many other Irish men and women in the 1980s, America beckoned. But Luke never lost sight of his dream, in spite of the hurdles he had to overcome, and in August 1993, he joined the ranks of New York's finest. Beginning life as a 'rookie', driven by a combination of chutzpah and determination, Waters became a homicide detective in one of the toughest places in the world, The Bronx. Here, he would see the best and the worst, from the heroism of fellow detectives, to the ravages of crack cocaine, from the constant grind of homicide cases, to the terrible fallout of 9/11. NYPD Green is a -holds-barred account of the people and the cases, but also an insight into the dark side of a job where corruption and bravery often go hand in hand. The story of an Irishman made good, of the American dream, NYPD Green also pays tribute to one of the hardest jobs there is.
- Author BiographyLuke Waters was born in Finglas on Dublin's Northside. He initially planned on following in his grandfathers' and brother's footsteps in joining An Garda Siochana, but instead, in 1985, America beckoned. After some time as a barman, he enrolled in the NYPD, working his way from rookie through Narcotics, before becoming a homicide detective. Luke retired from the NYPD in 2013 and now lives in County Cavan with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Luke Waters
- PublisherHachette Books Ireland
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationCastleknock
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintHachette Books Ireland
- Weight420 g
- Width158 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.