About this product
- DescriptionThe future for Nagios in the enterprise is certainly bright! Nagios 3 Enterprise Network Monitoring can help you harness the full power of Nagios in your organization. Nagios 3 contains many significant new features and updates, and this book details them all for you. Once up and running, you'll see how a number of useful add-ons and enhancements for Nagios can extend the functionality of Nagios throughout your organization. And, if you want to learn how to write your own plugins...this is the book for you! In these pages, you'll find a cookbook-style chapter full of useful plugins that monitor a variety of devices, from HTTP-based applications to CPU utilization to LDAP servers and more. Complete case study demonstrates how to deploy Nagios globally in an enterprise network. Monitor third party hardware devices with Nagios.
- Author BiographyMax Schubert is an open source advocate, integrator, developer, and IT professional. He enjoys learning programming languages, designing and developing software, and working on any project that involves networks or networking. Derrick Bennett has been working professionally in the IT Field for over 15 years in a full spectrum of Network and Software environments. He has been working with Nagios since initial releases in 2002. He has also contributed code to both NRPE and Nagios codebase for new features and fixes. His work with Nagios involves small corporate installations to large Fortune 500 deployments and custom configurations. Jonathan Gines is a systems integrator, software engineer, and has worked for major corporations providing telecommunications and Internet services, healthcare management, accounting software development, and federal government contracting. His experience includes serving as an adjunct professor for Virginia Tech, teaching database design and development, developing modeling and simulation models in C++, and software development using open source programming technologies. Jonathan has a graduate degree from Virginia Tech, and holds several certifications including the CISSP and the ITIL Foundation credential. Andrew leads a team of software developers at Q1 Labs Inc. integrating 3rd party event and vulnerability data into QRadar, their flagship network security management solution. Prior to joining Q1 Labs, Andrew was CEO and co-founder of Koteas Corporation, a leading provider of end to end security and privacy solutions for government and enterprise. His resume also includes such organizations as Nokia Enterprise Solutions, Nortel Networks, and Magma Communications, a division of Primus. Andrew is a strong advocate of security training, certification programs, and public awareness initiatives. He also holds several industry certifications including the CCNA, CCSA, CCSE, CCSE NGX, CCSE Plus, Security+, GCIA, GCIH, SSP-MPA, SSP-CNSA, NSA, RHCT, and RHCE. John Strand currently teaches the SANS GCIH and CISSP classes. He is currently certified GIAC Gold in the GCIH and GCFW and is a Certified SANS Instructor. He is also a holder of the CISSP certification. He currently does consulting with his company Black Hills Information Security. He has a Masters degree from Denver University, and is currently also a professor at Denver University.
- Author(s)Andreas Ericsson,Andrew Hay,Derrick Bennett,John Strand,Jonathan Gines,Max Schubert
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication04/07/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content NoteApprox. 170 illustrations
- Weight767 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $24.97New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $16.56Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.42Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.41Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.