All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionJack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, and William S. Burroughs-their emergence in the late 1950s as the leading figures of the Beat movement marked one of the most spectacular developments in post-World War II American literature. John Tytell's classic study examines their attempt to redefine a complacent society's tion of sanity and rmalcy and to reinvent their own lives through jazz, drugs, and law-breaking, acts that ultimately led to new forms of expression. A fascinating blend of literary and social criticism, history, and biography, Naked Angels is an indispensable introduction to the lives and work of these seminal figures, and an unsurpassed look at the powerful influence they had on the 1960s and beyond.
- Author BiographyJohn Tytell is professor of English at Queens College (CUNY) and the author of Ezra Pound, Reading New York, Paradise Outlaws, The Living Theatre, and Passionate Lives. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)John Tytell
- PublisherIvan R Dee, Inc
- Date of Publication19/01/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIvan R Dee, Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width141 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.