All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn Naked Prayers, singer-songwriter Mara Measor shares a series of authentic prayers through words and doodles. Kwing that many of her contemporaries feel they are good at praying, Mara fights the tion of 'bad prayers' by suggesting that prayer is simply about getting naked before God, without pretence. As she says, 'There are a million and one books on prayer floating around Christian circles, but this is t a how-to-pray book; this is a how-I-have-really-prayed book.'In 86 prayers, written over 13 months, she reflects on four stages: Following God through making a home in New York City; Fretting about the purpose and direction of her life; Falling into a period of depression; Finding her way back to freedom.
- Author BiographyMara Measor is a British-Chinese graduate of the prestigious Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, a passionate singer, songwriter and actor, guided by her Christian beliefs. With hundreds of music and acting appearances, she has made a name for herself in New York's prominent music and theater scene. But Mara isn't the product of a musical family: she is the youngest daughter of a prominent figure in Hong Kong - stock guru Tony Measor. Now a household name in Hong Kong, and regularly speaking, singing or acting on the national stage, Mara frequently travels to visit her family from her base in New York.
- Author(s)Mara Measor
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content NoteLine drawings throughout
- Weight209 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.