All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLong out of print, Nambe Year One is a vel of Gypsies and Payasos who reportedly wandered through the mountains of rthern New Mexico many years ago. The story portrays local folklore themes from the old days - and of old ways - of the people in this rugged region. Romero's book is a vel, but t just a vel. It is philosophy, a metaphysical self-exploration into faith, heritage, and humanity...As I read the book for the second time I began to comprehend that the message of this book is t for the self-centered and self-fooled, those people with pretensions of superiority. This is a book for the weak and lost who are really neither, for they are determined and strong eugh to want to kw the 'why' and 'what' of their very being...
- Author BiographyOrlando Romero, novelist, sculptor, and santero, is the retired library director of the Palace of the Governors Museum of New Mexico, Santa Fe. He resides in Nambe, New Mexico. Romero is the coauthor of Adobe: Building and Living With Earth. Thomas E. Chavez is the former director of the National Hispanic Cultural Center, Albuquerque, and the former curator and director of the Palace of the Governors, Museum of New Mexico, Santa Fe. He is the author of numerous books, including New Mexico Past and Future and Spain and the Independence of the United States, both published by UNM Press.
- Author(s)Orlando Romero
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Weight277 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byThomas E. Chavez
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.