All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a high demand for antimicrobials for the treatment of new and emerging microbial diseases. In particular, microbes developing multidrug resistance have created a pressing need to search for a new generation of antimicrobial agents, which are effective, safe and can be used for the cure of multidrug-resistant microbial infections. Na-antimicrobials offer effective solutions for these challenges; the details of these new techlogies are presented here. The book includes chapters by an international team of experts. Chemical, physical, electrochemical, photochemical and mechanical methods of synthesis are covered. Moreover, biological synthesis using microbes, an option that is both eco-friendly and ecomically viable, is presented. The antimicrobial potential of different naparticles is also covered, bioactivity mechanisms are elaborated on, and several applications are reviewed in separate sections. Lastly, the toxicology of na-antimicrobials is briefly assessed.
- Author BiographyNicola Cioffi received the Best Young Researcher Award from the Analytical Chemistry Division of the Italian Chemical Society (SCI) in 2001. He is Assistant Professor at the University of Bari. He serves as referee for 25 international journals and is member of the Editorial Board of the journals Research & Reviews in ElectroChemistry , Sensor Letters , and The Open Materials Science Journal . Mahendra K. Rai is Professor and Head of the Department of Biotechnology at Amravati University in Maharashtra, India. He has published 190 research papers, more than 100 popular articles in Indian and foreign journals and 15 books. He has received several prestigious awards, inlcuding the Father T.A. Mathias Award (1989) from the All India Association for Christian Higher Education, and the Medini Award (1999) from the Department of Environment and Forest, Government of India.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication16/04/2014
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight866 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byMahendra Rai,Nicola Cioffi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.