All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe combination of biological elements with electronics is of great interest for many research areas. Inspired by biological signal processes, scientists and engineers are exploring ways of manipulating, assembling, and applying biomolecules and cells on integrated circuits, joining biology with electronic devices. The overall goal is to create bioelectronic devices for biosensing, drug discovery, and curing diseases, but also to build new electronic systems based on biologically inspired concepts. This research area called bioelectronics requires a broad interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary approach to biology and material science. Even though at the frontier of life science and material science, bioelectronics has achieved in the last years many objectives of scientific and industrial relevance, including aspects of electronics and biotechlogy. Although the first steps in this field combined biological and electronic units for sensor applications (e. g. , glucose oxidase on an oxygen electrode), we see w many applications in the fields of gemics, proteomics, and celomics as well as electronics. This approach challenges both the researcher and the student to learn and think outside of their zones of comfort and training. Today, one can fabricate electrically active structures that are commensurate in size with biomolecules. The advancement of natechlogy has influenced bioelectronics to a large extent.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleNanostructure Science and Technology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAndreas Offenhausser,Ross Rinaldi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.