All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNacolloids: A Meeting Point for Scientists and Techlogists presents an easy-to-read approach to current trends in nascale colloid chemistry, which offers relatively simple and ecomically feasible ways to produce namaterials. Nacolloids have been the subjects of major development in modern techlogy, with many current and future applications. The book helps scientists and techlogists to understand the different aspects of modern nacolloid science. It outlines the underlying fundamental principles of nacolloid science and covers applications ranging from emulsions to dispersions and suspensions. You will find details on experimental techniques and methods for the synthesis and characterization of nacolloids, including the latest developments in naemulsions and naparticles.
- Author BiographyMargarita Sanchez-Dominguez has a B.Sc. (with High Honors) in Industrial Chemistry from the Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon (UANL, Monterrey, Mexico). She received a Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from University of Bristol (England) in 2004. She was a postdoctoral researcher at Institute Charles Sadron, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) in Strasbourg, France (2004-2006) and at the Institute of Advanced Chemistry of Catalonia, Spanish National Research Council (IQAC-CSIC) in Barcelona, Spain (2006-2010). She joined the Advanced Materials research center (CIMAV, S.C. Unidad Monterrey; Mexico) in 2010. She has published about 40 papers in international peer-reviewed scientific journals, three book chapters and several patents. Her research goal is to understand the interfacial and colloidal properties of surfactant systems with the aim of using them for applications related with materials science, with a particular focus on their use as confined reaction media for the synthesis of advanced nanomaterials. Carlos Rodriguez-Abreu earned BSc (Cum Laude) and MSc degrees in Chemical Engineering from the University of Los Andes (Venezuela), and received a PhD in Engineering in 2001 from Yokohama National University (Japan) as a Monbusho (Japan Ministry of Education) Scholarship grantee. He was associate professor at the University of Los Andes until 2003 and then held positions as JSPS postdoctoral fellow (Yokohama National University, Japan), Juan de la Cierva fellow (University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain) and Ramon y Cajal Research associate (Spanish Research Council, CSIC). He joined the International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) in 2010. He has published more than 80 papers in international peer-reviewed scientific journals, four book chapters, and is currently senior editor of the Journal of Surfactants and Detergents (Springer). Dr. Rodriguez-Abreu research interests are focused on soft matter and molecular self-assembly for the design and synthesis of nanomaterials.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1290 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byCarlos Rodriguez-Abreu,Margarita Sanchez Dominguez
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.