All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNaengineering: Global Approaches to Health and Safety Issues provides a global vision on the impact of engineered namaterials both for the consumer/general public and in occupational settings. The book also presents a hint on what can be expected for the future from namaterials and their effects on our lives, both at home and at work. In addition, users will find valuable information on namaterials' irreplaceable value and their risks for health, safety, and environmental issues. Case studies illustrate key points and provide information on important processes.
- Author BiographyDr. Dolez received her bachelor degree in electrochemistry and electrometallurgy from the Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble in France in 1993, and her Ph.D. in Physics from the University of Sherbrooke in Quebec, Canada, in 1998. She worked from 2005 to 2011 with the Research Chair in Protective Materials and Equipment for Occupational Safety and Health at the Ecole de technologie superieure (Montreal, QC, Canada) where she developed applied and fundamental knowledge regarding materials behaviour, especially polymers, elastomers, textiles and composites, when subjected to various types of mechanical and chemical aggressors, as well as aging, with a particular focus of personal protective equipment. During that time, she got interested in the subject of protection against nanoparticles. In particular, she designed a method for measuring the penetration of nanoparticles through textile and polymer protective membranes in conditions simulating occupation use. She currently works at CTT Group (Saint-Hyacinthe, QC, Canada). She is especially interested in the application of smart textiles, nanotechnologies, natural fibres and recycled materials in geosynthetics, building materials and protective clothing. Dr. Dolez has authored more than 90 publications, with several dedicated to knowledge transfer to workers and health & safety advisors, and holds four patent and patent disclosures.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication05/06/2015
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight1470 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byPatricia I. Dolez
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.