All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany potential questions regarding the risks associated with the development and use of wide-ranging techlogies enabled through engineered namaterials. For example, with over 600 consumer products available globally, what information exists that describes their risk to human health and the environment? What en- neering or use controls can be deployed to minimize the potential environmental health and safety impacts of namaterials throughout the manufacturing and product lifecycles? How can the potential environmental and health benefits of natechlogy be realized and maximized? The idea for this book was conceived at the NATO Advanced Research Workshop (ARW) on Namaterials: Environmental Risks and Benefits and Emerging Consumer Products. This meeting - held in Algarve, Portugal, in April 2008 - started with building a foundation to harmonize risks and benefits associated with namaterials to develop risk management approaches and policies. More than 70 experts, from 19 countries, in the fields of risk assessment, decision-analysis, and security discussed the current state-of-kwledge with regard to namaterial risk and benefits. The discussion focused on the adequacy of available risk assessment tools to guide namaterial applications in industry and risk governance. The workshop had five primary purposes: Describe the potential benefits of natechlogy enabled commercial products. Identify and describe what is kwn about environmental and human health risks of namaterials and approaches to assess their safety. Assess the suitability of multicriteria decision analysis for reconciling the benefits and risks of natechlogy.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/01/2009
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleNATO Security Through Science Series C (Closed):
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight857 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byCharles Lutz,Jeffery Steevens
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.