All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSynapses underlie rapid and flexible neural communication in the brain and they hold the key to understanding higher brain functions in health and disease. Because they are very small and highly dynamic, it is very difficult to study them with traditional techniques. Fortunately, recent ground-breaking advances in optical microscopy (e.g. STED, PALM, STORM, SIM) have greatly improved our ability to image living synapses at the nascale, even down to the level of single molecules. The proposed volume brings together leading researchers to review these exciting new techniques and their application in neurobiological research. It will explain and discuss the basic principles behind the various superresolution modalities, how they are implemented, what their scope and limitations are etc. In addition, several key research discoveries on synapses enabled by these vel approaches will be highlighted.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication05/02/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleNeuromethods
- Series Part/Volume Number84
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 49 colour illustrations, 30 black & white tables, 30 colour tables, biography
- Weight678 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAntoine Triller,Valentin Nagerl
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.