All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs Bigger Always Better? Explore the Behavior of Very Small Devices as Described by Quantum Mechanics Smaller is better when it comes to the semiconductor transistor. Nascale Silicon Devices examines the growth of semiconductor device miniaturization and related advances in material, device, circuit, and system design, and highlights the use of device scaling within the semiconductor industry. Device scaling, the practice of continuously scaling down the size of metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs), has significantly improved the performance of small computers, mobile phones, and similar devices. The practice has resulted in smaller delay time and higher device density in a chip without an increase in power consumption. This book covers recent advancements and considers the future prospects of nascale silicon (Si) devices. It provides an introduction to new concepts (including variability in scaled MOSFETs, thermal effects, spintronics-based nvolatile computing systems, spin-based qubits, magnetoelectric devices, NEMS devices, tunnel FETs, dopant engineering, and single-electron transfer), new materials (such as high-k dielectrics and germanium), and new device structures in three dimensions. It covers the fundamentals of such devices, describes the physics and modeling of these devices, and advocates further device scaling and minimization of energy consumption in future large-scale integrated circuits (VLSI). Additional coverage includes: * Physics of nm scaled devices in terms of quantum mechanics * Advanced 3D transistors: tri-gate structure and thermal effects * Variability in scaled MOSFET * Spintronics on Si platform * NEMS devices for switching, memory, and sensor applications * The concept of ballistic transport * The present status of the transistor variability and more An indispensable resource, Nascale Silicon Devices serves device engineers and academic researchers (including graduate students) in the fields of electron devices, solid-state physics, and natechlogy.
- Author BiographyShunri Oda received his BSc in physics in 1974 and MEng and DEng from the Tokyo Institute of Technology in 1976 and 1979, respectively. He is a professor in the Department of Physical Electronics and Quantum Nanoelectronics Research Center, Tokyo Institute of Technology. He has authored more than 700 papers and edited Silicon Nanoelectronics (2005) for CRC Press. Professor Oda is a fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Japan Society for Applied Physics, a member of the Electrochemical Society and the Materials Research Society, and a distinguished lecturer at the IEEE Electron Devices Society. David K. Ferry received his BSEE and MSEE from Texas Tech University, Lubbock, in 1962 and 1963, respectively, and PhD from the University of Texas (UT), Austin, in 1966. His research interests include transport physics and modeling of quantum effects in ultra-small semiconductor devices. Dr. Ferry is a fellow of the American Physical Society, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, and the Institute of Physics (UK). He has published numerous articles, books, book chapters, and conference papers, serves as editor of the Journal of Computational Electronics, and is an admiral in the Texas Navy and the Tennessee Squire Association.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication04/01/2016
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note190 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDavid K. Ferry,Shunri Oda
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $18.72New
- AU $10.89Used
- AU $24.74New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.54New
- AU $6.44Used
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $23.89New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.87Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.75
- AU $16.77Trending at AU $18.72
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.96Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.