All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new volume reviews recent academic and techlogical developments behind new engineered modified natextile materials. The developments in textiles using natechlogy give ordinary materials improved properties, such as better water resistance, enhanced moisture and odor reduction, increased strength and elasticity, and resistance to bacteria, among other improvements. The research reported in this book presents state-of-the-art techlogy in modern materials with an emphasis on the rapidly growing techlogies in textile engineering. Several invative applications for different materials are described in considerable detail with emphasis on the experimental data that supports these new applications. From na-fibers to chemical materials, creative modifications concerning new nacomposites are described that could one day become commonplace. The book covers a host of topics in this area, including the design of new textile products, moisture and heat transfer in clothing, developments in electrospinning, new applications, natextile and tissue engineering from a biological perspective, and more. The book is intended for researchers and those interested in future developments in mechanical and physicochemical characteristics of modified natextile materials and polymer blends. The book will also be a useful tool for students and researchers, providing helpful insights into new evolving research areas in nastructured polymer blends and composites in textiles.
- Author BiographyMihai Ciocoiu, PhD, is a professor of textiles-leather and industrial management at Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iasi, Romania. He is the founder and editor-in-chief of Romanian Textile and Leather Journal. He is currently a senior consultant, editor, and member of the academic board of the Polymers Research Journal and the International Journal of Chemoinformatics and Chemical Engineering. Seghir Maamir, PhD, is currently associate professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of Engineer Sciences at the University of Boumerdes in Algeria, where he was also an examiner of master theses in polymers and composites at the University of Boumerdes, Algeria. His fields of interests are fluid mechanics and heat transfer and mechanical vibrations. He holds a PhD from the University of Franche Comte, France.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note173 black & white illustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMihai Ciocoiu,Seghir Maamir
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $89.67New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $28.33Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.