Nanotechnology Applications to Telecommunications and Networking by Daniel Minoli (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $216.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBe a part of the natechlogy revolution in telecommunications. This book provides a unique and thought provoking perspective on how natechlogy is poised to revolutionize the telecommunications, computing, and networking industries. The author discusses emerging techlogies as well as techlogies under development that will lay the foundation for such invations as: namaterials with vel optical, electrical, and magnetic properties; faster and smaller n silicon based chipsets, memory, and processors; new science computers based on Quantum Computing Advanced microscopy and manufacturing systems; faster and smaller telecom switches, including optical switches; higher speed transmission phemena based on plasmonics and other quantum level phemena; and, nascale MEMS: micro electro mechanical systems. The author of this cutting edge publication has played a role in the development of actual natechlogy based communication systems. In this book, he examines a broad range of the science of natechlogy and how this field will affect every facet of the telecommunications and computing industries, in both the near and far term, including: basic concepts of natechlogy and its applications; essential physics and chemistry underlying natechlogy science; natubes, namaterials, and namaterial processing; promising applications in naphotonics, including nacrystals and nacrystal fibers; and, naelectronics, including metal naclusters, semiconducting naclusters, nacrystals, nawires, and quantum dots. This book is written for telecommunications professionals, researchers, and students who need to discover and exploit emerging revenue generating opportunities to develop the next generation of nascale telecommunications and network systems. Non scientists will find the treatment completely accessible. A detailed glossary clarifies unfamiliar terms and concepts. Appendices are provided for readers who want to delve further into the hard core science, including nainstrumentation and quantum computing. Natechlogy is the next industrial revolution, and the telecommunications industry will be radically transformed by it in a few years. This is the publication that readers need to understand how that transformation will happen, the science behind it, and how they can be a part of it.
- Author BiographyDANIEL MINOLI has many years' experience providing telecommunications, networking, and IT architecture guidance and solutions for such organizations as the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA), Bell Telephone Laboratories, ITT, Prudential Securities, Bell Communications Research (Bellcore/Telcordia), AT&T, New York University, Rutgers University, Stevens Institute of Technology, and Societe Generale de Financement du Quebec. An author of many technical references on information technology, telecommunications, and data communications, he has written columns for ComputerWorld, NetworkWorld, and Network Computing.
- Author(s)Daniel Minoli
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/11/2005
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight800 g
- Width162 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.